February 13th

Hey family! How's it going? This was a pretty great week here, a lot of wacky stuff happened and a lot of awesome stuff happened. I'll tell you all about it
I spilled some bleach on a pair of pants and they turned orange, so then I just bleached the whole thing so now I have some orange dress pants. We toured a super old guys farm on a lawnmower, we helped a random woman pile wood, walked some dogs as service, our Walmart had a bomb threat. That was interesting, we went to contact and there were cops and fire trucks and tape all over the parking lot. It was still standing the next day, so I guess they got the bomb.
We had a super awesome Saturday, we got back in with the rivieres with service (their background: the daughter got baptized, went to temple, mom got antied, told us not to come back) and the mom said she'd consider coming to a Book of Mormon fireside.
Later that Saturday we went to deliver a bible to a referral, she wasn't home but her family said she'd be back so we knocked nearby, found a potential and sent a referral, and then she got home. We knocked, and she said "come on in, we have some Gumbo for you!" It was really tasty (nice bonus), and every single person in that house has been prepared. One is a 15 year old who said "I've been studying every major religion, I'm looking for one that makes the most sense and then I'll join", the referral herself said, "I feel like churches should have welfare programs", and "once a month, the members should take over the sermon and have an open mic thing". Another said "I think most churches are founded because someone interprets a passage from the Bible and then just goes off one thing, I can't trust a church founded by a man." And so on. We were super excited, and we talked and told them all about how we had those things. It was pretty incredible, we're seeing them again next week.
I guess those are really the highlights. Also, I've been thinking a lot about something interesting. I don't know if I mentioned last week, but I've been bearing my testimony in my prayers at night. For me at least, it's a good way to see where I'm lacking. I don't know if it's like a thing, but I can feel when the spirit comes and when it feels kind of hollow I know I need to study up on that aspect. Just a thought
Anyways, I'm loving it here as usual, hope you all have a good one!
Elder Barak Samuel Roach, Georgia Atlanta North Mission

Comments