June 5 2017

Hey fam. Shout out to my immediate fam for sending me the captain
America shield. It spins for like 6 minutes straight. It's weird, it
feels like I just emailed you guys. I'll tell you what updates have
happened since then.
So this week again, we didn't really have too much wacky stories. I
have some pics from the temple trip, and I have some other stuff. I'll
just tell you guys about some mission stuff
Our top investigator is David Lancaster. He is currently on date for
baptism, and he recently got to know his neighbor who is a member. We
taught him the word of wisdom and he just flat out accepted it. He's
been that way with all of his commitments, and he's reading and
praying. We have high hopes for him.
So we had a pretty cool miracle that happened Saturday. A week ago we
finished knocking part of an apartment complex, but not many answered,
so we decided to go back. After we went through a different part with
little success, we went downstairs and a man was waiting outside of
his door. We had knocked on his door three weeks prior and he said it
wasn't a good time, and we didn't really think much of it. He just
asked us if we could come inside and teach him. It turns out his
ex-wife and her family were all members, and he had recently gotten
out of jail. He said he always admired Mormons, and he wanted to raise
his daughter in a better environment.
All throughout the lesson he kept saying things like "I was always
taught to stay away from Mormons, but then I thought, if there was one
way to go, wouldn't it make sense the devil would try to mock it?" And
"I know you guys are good people, I don't care what the Internet or
others say about you." We have another appointment with him tonight,
and we have a member coming out with us. The work is good!
I really like the temple guys, it made us all super tired for some
reason, so forgive me if this doesn't makes any sense. It's weird, I
feel like I was spiritually pumped after going and st the same time
spiritually tired. I'm not doing a great job of hyping it up lol, but
I'm about 99% sure I'm only here because I had some super friends and
went to the temple so often back home. Go as often as possible and if
you can't go, get there.

Comments