10/03/2016

I'm not doing that emoji thing again it was a little much.
This was a petty good week in all. We saw a lot of success this week, and I got to go spend some time in Canton. Georgia is a weird place, I'm in Marietta right now and it's basically the same as back home, just really wealthy like I see Lamborghinis and corvettes daily. If you head about an hour northeast it turns into redneck land and college town, about thirty minutes south is Atlanta and inner city stuff. Canton is basically like halfway from wealthy suburb to poor country, so there was some neat stuff.
Some highlights from this week include conference, teaching a man who smoked a pipe and believed in Bigfoot (not in God unfortunately), teaching an old black man in his underwear, meeting two bible bashers, one of whom is now an investigator, eating some BBQ and getting new shoes (for free) and getting flu shots. I think I'm healing up alright, I finished all of the medicine they gave me at least. I don't get as tired as quickly anymore, so we can work a lot more, which is nice.
So how about that general Conference? I don't know if it's just me because I'm out on a mission, but I felt a big emphasis on missionary stuff. I mean, pretty much all of Saturday'ssession was straight out of Preach My Gospel, and Sunday was like half how to better yourself and half more missionary stuff. And Elder Holland really pounded home teaching. It was pretty great, because we had a few investigators watching and they got to hear the plan of salvation and the restoration lessons word for word from the mouths of general authorities. I feel like I was being shown how it's done.
It's funny how there always seems to be a theme to general Conference. I know they don't get assigned a topic or anything, but there seems to always be a common element. This time around, I noticed an unusual amount of very bold commitments. It seems like every age group was given multiple invitations to share the gospel. I would like to encourage everyone to listen. If I've learned one thing so far it's that sharing the gospel is a great source of happiness. After all, it's God's job, or to use the scriptural wording "(His) work and (His) glory". We can participate in that work and feel that glory.
I guess that's all for this week, it's great to be out on a mission and I've felt your prayers this past week.

Comments