October 24th

Howdy guys. It's been another fantastic week here in the GANM. As some
of you may know, it was my birthday this last week, and our
investigator got me a baptism! It was really thoughtful. Also thank
you all for the cards and emails and whatnot, it really means the most
to me.
I have attached a few pictures that we took before the baptism.
So, that was probably the highlight of my week, really the highlight
of my mission so far. It was pretty amazing, the baptism was half
members from the ward and half non members that Cheryl invited. And I
got to do the baptizing and we had another investigator present. It
was just really great all around.
There were some other funny things that happened, we followed up with
our pirate friend Johnthany who told us, in his words, "I'll just
stick to my heathen ways". It's a shame really, but it made me laugh.
We met a woman who has not only seen Jesus, but she's seen 15 Jesus's
at once! She was also on some prescription meds at the time. Also, a
less active member asked us to give a priesthood blessing to her court
summons and handed us a packet of papers. It was a great opportunity
to have a lesson to explain some things about the priesthood! Also,
our newest investigator is an artist, and she likes to paint some
interesting paintings. Picture headless barbies and mummies and a lot
of African Christianity. It was interesting too because the spirit was
incredible during that lesson. It's been a unique week.
I've had a lot of thoughts this week, mostly about the priesthood,
prayer, charity, what it means to be a tool in the Lord's hands, but
none of them are really that coherent. We've been trying to run around
and get things set up for the baptism and we've been teaching so much
that at night I've been too tired to think. It feels good though, and
I'm learning a ton. I'm just not quite sure what I'm learning yet.
When I figure it out I'll tell you.
That's all folks, it's great to be on a mission.

Comments