11/07/2016

Hey everyone. This was a great week! Halloween was weird, because we
planned after pday, so it was a full 24 hours of no proselyting.
Actually more, because on Tuesday we went to the temple. It was pretty
nice, we can only go to the temple every 6 months because it's out of
the mission, and the temple really eases the mind. Anyways other than
that it was pretty good.
We started teaching a woman named Carol a while back, and it's been
pretty exciting to see her progress. She's the artist, and she texted
us the other day and said that she felt that God was telling her that
she needed to join our church. It was pretty great. We have been
really struggling to avoid political talk, everyone seems to have an
opinion. They like to tell us all about Hilary's evil deeds. Oh the
south. One guy accused us Mormons of costing Trump Utah's vote. I
tried to tell him it wasn't me. Elder Nadybal told him he was from
California and he told him "California's just full of fruits and
nuts". Oh the south. We don't run into many true southerners here in
Marietta, but when we do they're always gems.
I've been thinking about the temple a lot recently, and I don't think
I realized how much I would miss it. Especially because Maren got me
to go once a week, I kind of got used to being able to just go there
and think and clear out my head. Of course, I only did baptisms, and
now I leave the temple with more to think about than before I came in,
but I do just want to say that it's a great place. I came with a bunch
of questions, and I could finally focus and the answers came, and then
got replaced with more for me to think about.
Plus, temple work is pretty much the same as missionary work. I heard
about a special needs boy who was called to a temple mission. He said
he'd done the work for 5,000 people. Talk about baptizing nations. I
know that there are people waiting for their work very eagerly, and
plus you get a little something for yourself as well.
Here's some good old pics

Comments