November 14th

Hello! How's it going? It's been another exciting week here in Marietta where it's betta. Lots of fun stuff happened this week, some cool stories and also some Lil miracles. Also I heard Donald Trump is the new president, that's fun.
So some fun stuff, we taught our super duper investigator Carol. She's the one who is an artist and likes to paint decapitated barbies and stuff. I took a picture of her living room, and I'll send it if you want. I will warn you, it is a bit odd. It's funny too, because we've had the most powerful lessons in her house. Also we met a guy who built model trains for 35 years. It was nuts, I took some pictures of those too. We met some people who were bahá'í and that was interesting. If you don't know much about them, they kind of believe in every religious text, so they had no problem with the Book of Mormon, but they struggled with some other aspects of the restoration. They were also kind enough to give us some pamphlets telling us how to pray the way Bahá'u'lláh taught. It's funny, a lot of people here are torn between not wanting to talk with you and trying to "save" our souls. The ward had a primary program and it was really fun. Also about a dozen nonmember came, so that was nice. I had a nice seafood lunch with a Czech ex-mercenary while on exchange with an Elder who hates seafood. That was pretty funny, he was trying really hard to be polite and eat it all. We're going back to eat lunch with him again on Tuesday this week.
Well, this week I learned a thing or two. I learned to start going and let inspiration guide rather than just wait around to know what to do, I learned that building up your companion boosts effectiveness for both of us, I learned to seek inspiration often, like multiple times per minute and I learned it's dark and freezing on a bike after 6 nowadays. I'm so thankful for hats and scarves and gloves.
I think that's all for now, till next time or until later when you email me back and I respond! It's great out here on a mission

Comments