8/15/2016

Well, I could tell that this week would already be better than the
last because we made it the whole week without any trips to the ER.
I won't give a full recap day by day because most of my days sound
boring. They sound like they're all the same, knocking doors, maybe
getting to talk for a bit, maybe getting to teach, maybe getting a
return appointment. It sounds boring but it really isn't, at least for
now, I like meeting new people every day. Everyone has a new way to
say that they need the church. Also I have been a bit cooped up, and
it's good to get out.
Well some highlights this week, I beat a bunch of elders at uno four
times in a row (on pday), I ate a hamburger that was 7 layers thick, I
went to zone conference and had interviews with the president, I
sneakily contacted in a target and tried to avoid the managers, I
attended a mission prep class (better late than never), two of our
investigators are progressing and I met someone and gave them a BOM
and when we came back two days later she had read half of it. Actually
that was probably the highlight of the week, it was pretty incredible.
Also my companion got a pump removed from his insides (it was like 10
inches of tube inside of him) and is now officially on the mend.
I recently started this thing that is like a forty day fast. What
happens is you start with a regular 24 hour fast, then you list ten
things that you can give up for forty days, it's like lent basically,
except our mission president recommended it. Our area is kind of
difficult to find in because there's a mega church nearby that
preaches anti-Mormon stuff and our only option in this area is to
knock on doors, there's like no parks or places for creative finding.
The idea is to basically consecrate yourself and the success will
follow as you become a better beacon of light. I'll keep you all
updated as that progresses.
Despite the little things we are still seeing success, and I'm
learning and growing all of the time. For example, I spent a lot of
time on Sunday studying the sacrament, and I had no idea how much I
didn't know. I'm learning how much opposition there is in the world,
the devil isn't even hiding anymore. On the opposite side, he only has
as much power as people give to him, and even the least person on
earth could defeat him, it's just kind of hard. I don't know how to
put this into words. Also I'm beginning to see that the better you
understand something, the less complicated it is to teach, and the
more powerful it is to the people who are hearing it. It's great out
here!

Comments