8/22/2016

Well, I've been in the field for a month now. I still feel new, which
doesn't go away until like 6 months in from what I've heard. I had a
pretty good week though, I'll give some highlights.
Monday was dope we went bowling as a zone and then we tracted in some
really rich places, the houses were crazy nice but the people weren't.
My comp has been having some issues I think it's the side affects of
the antibiotics. We had to stay in Wednesday and Sunday but I'm
getting ahead of myself. I met some nice people, we tried to set up a
free lemonade stand outside of a Walmart but we got shut down in like
10 minutes, I went out with one of the young men and we set up another
free lemonade stand and it went way better because we got permission
that time. Also it turns out that Saturday was national lemonade day,
crazy huh? It worked really well we met like fifty people and gave out
a ton of cards.
The sister missionaries that were in our area got emergency
transferred away the other day. It's kind of good because they were
working with a few people that we get to teach now, but kind of bad
because now we're the only missionaries here. It's weird too, because
there's only two more weeks in this transfer, speaking of which, my
comp is pretty sure that he'll be going away this transfer and someone
else will take over my training because out mission president likes to
do that. Whatever happens happens.
I had a few thoughts this week, I mentioned before that I decided to
consecrate myself with the 40 day thing, just little things like not
mentioning movies or songs from before my mission and stuff like that.
For some reason, once I made it a goal, it got like a million times
harder, every little thing reminds me of a song or if I'm not doing
anything I'll start singing something in my head. It's been
interesting, because I feel like because I decided to get rid of the
little things it's like satan is trying to keep them in me. Conversely
I've been rewarded with the spirit when I do manage to follow my goals
or strive to be better. I feel like I'm being taught with little
things how big things work.
Also for some reason pride has been emphasized to me a lot this week.
Everywhere I read and every meeting warns against pride. Every issue
that mankind has ever dealt with is because of pride, because we think
we know better than God. It's kind of counterintuitive, but when we
try to make ourselves happy it fails, happiness in life is found in
turning outward, it's like Jesus said "He that findeth his life shall
lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." I
guess that's all for this week, it's pretty great out on a mission.
Stay peachy 🍑

Comments