08/01/2016

Hey all, this week has been crazy, and I don't really understand the
filters on my new iPad, so I don't know how to send everyone an email,
so sorry if someone doesn't get this email, It's the iPad's fault.
So, I flew in from the MTC at around 6 am, which of course meant I
woke up at around 3 am. I was so tired that first day, I don't even
know what happened. I remember setting up my iPad and writing some
letters. They were probably incoherent, but oh well. We slept in a
hotel.
The next morning our alarms never went off, so we were almost late,
but it was all good and we met our brand new companions. Mine is named
Elder Kirk, and he's pretty cool. Our area is a biking area btw, and
apparently he's the fastest biker in the mission, so that's something.
I got settled that day, forgot my carry on bag at the mission office,
and then we did some service for a very drunk Czech man. He really
wanted to pay us but we told him it was service, and he said he'd
donate it to the church.
The next day was more service, mixing dirt and we taught a lesson to
some very nice, kinda slow, old people. I met a guy named Jacob, more
on him later. I ate with a family of ten and then tracted a bit. I
think that was all.
Idk, there wasn't much else besides service and tracting and meeting
some interesting people (for example, an atheist who believed in God,
one of the best singers and guitar players I've ever seen, etc) over
the other days, except for Jacob. I'll attach some pics, but he's one
of the most elect people I've seen. He got baptized Saturday (I
already got one what) and confirmed and priesthooded and he took the
sacrament to a lady named Jeanne (recent convert, very nice, strong
New York accent, she has us over a lot to help her with things). He is
super nice and he's willing to give us rides whenever he can,
seriously, he's awesome. He's planning on serving a mission already
and he's even willing to cut his hair. According to my comp, he's come
a long way.
It's been pretty hot, and we're averaging about 15-20 miles per day
I'd guess. I have no idea how to get around, I think that some of the
roads change places. I think I'll have to get used to just pouring
with sweat all day. I've been out for six days, it's rained 8 times,
but weirdly I'm loving it. There's something about just serving others
so single-mindedly and just having one, clear purpose that is pretty
cool. Also, teaching others about the gospel feels so right. I feel
like I'm constantly being fed strength. I hope I'll be able to take
what I've learned home and that I'll keep learning as I go.
I think that is all, look up Brianna Sotillo on Facebook, she's the
singer I mentioned. She sounds like a mix between the Arctic Monkeys
and Santana from what I've heard, idk she only sang one song because
she wrote one about God and she wanted us to hear it I guess. It's
pretty great to be a missionary.

Comments

  1. hey, add us to your email list, we would love to see Elder Roach through his 2 year journey....keep an eye out for elder roper (english) and elder day (spanish)...theyre both from our ward, matthiasohana@comcast.net....hugs to you all, melissa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment