12/05/2016

วัสดีเพื่อนของฉัน How are you? Have you all had a good week? I hope so, I certainly did! It had a lot of funny things, I'll tell you about the funny stuff.
We decorated our apartment for Christmas, I'll attach pictures. We were given a giant bag of pecans, so we put them in a big glass jar. We don't really know why we were given them, we ate lunch with our Czech friend and he just handed them to us. Oh, and I met someone who had the perfect explanation for how the children of Israel left Egypt. You see, we all know that the Egyptians were using the pyramids to 1) create hydrogen using the ark of the covenant 2) communicate to aliens 3) generate A/C current to communicate with the lighthouse of Alexandria 4) generate antigravity forces. Here's where speculation steps in though, he believes that the Egyptians were using mind control because, as we know, they had access to their inner power, and they used that power to control the children of Israel. Moses used the manna to wipe out the mind controlling influence. Also he disfigured the sphinx and stole the ark and left.
Anyways we met that guy the other day right before the Christmas devotional. He had a lot to share. Also he gave us one of those electric balls that you touch the glass and it moves the lightning. So I guess I'd say it was a productive day.
Oh another funny story really quick, a man was baptized in the Spanish branch and he met with the branch president the next Sunday morning. He was presented to the ward but not confirmed, and then he got the priesthood. The branch president forgot to confirm him, so now there's a baptized non member with the priesthood walking around. The missionaries are really confused about it. Oh Spanish branches.
Anyways, this week has been really great. Have you seen the Christmas devotional? This time of year is perfect for remembering the life of the savior. I feel like there's been an upswing of focus on the savior's life in the New Testament this year. I actually brought it up to my companion, and he said "yeah I've noticed it, with all of the turmoil going on in the world I guess we needed it", and I've been thinking about that a lot. Maybe the Bible Belt is getting to me, but I really think I neglected the New Testament. I was been able to read all the way from Matthew to John last month, and I would invite you to do the same for this Christmas season, it creates a solid foundation.
Au revoir mon amis, Elder Barak Samuel Roach GANM.

Comments