December 26th 2016

Hi family and friends! Merry two days after Christmas! I forgot to mention that president moved P-day to Tuesday because of the holiday on Monday. In fact, the next three or four of my P-day's will be on Tuesday. 
This last week was a fun week. We did a lot of stuff. As some of you may have noticed, it was Christmas last week. I very much enjoyed Skypeing with my family. It was really weird, I went upstairs and it was like I forgot where I was for a second. I don't think of myself as Barak anymore, I'm Elder Roach now, but it's all good. We were able to do some good stuff on Christmas, we visited a lot of people. All of our investigators are out of town, but it still worked.
A neat story happened to us in finding a new investigator. We were out one night, about to go on a teamup, but our teamup cancelled, and all of our set lessons canceled as well. It happens sometimes. We were left to our backups and nothing was working. I decided to pray, and I felt inspired to contact our backup's neighbor. Nothing worked, but I said to myself, "ok, that was the trial of my faith, what's the real inspiration?" We then looked at the map and picked another person to see, a former, and it worked! We had an odd lesson with him, but I could feel the spirit confirming that it was what he needed, and I felt very guided on what to do and say. I had a little reminder that when we follow small promptings, it shows that we are willing to follow bigger and better ones, and that every impression has a reason.
I guess that's all. See you later y'all

Comments