04/10/2017

Hey. How's it goin? Everything alright? Good, well I'm glad to hear it. I have some exciting stories and experiences to tell you guys about from this week of April! Also a lot of pictures, that I will explain at the end.
So this week we had a tornado, that was fun. It poured rain and was super windy all day, but we didn't lose power and it wasn't that bad to be honest. I think it was like a long spread out tornado or something. And there was a rainbow at the end! We also had a pretty great lesson with an investigator named Darnell, and he's pretty funny. He calls the spirit the Koodalini. Also he has fake teeth, but he doesn't always wear them, so sometimes he looks really country. 
We had a fun day on Friday, we met a guy who opened the door and kind of smiled and "oh hey guys." We introduced ourselves and asked his name and he paused and said "... Smith... Joseph Smith" and then it turns out his family is Mormon, and he knows a bunch about the church, and he told us to come back another day. I think he might have been related to Joseph Smith, it was a funny one.
Oh and then we had a legendary team up experience. We tried about 6 people, and only one let us inside. It was the first time taking out our newest Ward missionary, and we thought he was kind of shy, but he really got into it. He was telling this woman that we met on a doorstep all about the sacred symbolism of the number 12, all about creation and worlds without end, and ancient Mayan temples and society. To be honest, it was pretty impressive how much she was comprehending, I was struggling to keep up sometimes. It was kind of like trying to steer a car down a mountain without brakes. 
The best part about the whole thing was that the woman was single, and our team up is single, and she was kind of flirting with him the whole time. I don't know if she was really listening to all the things that he was saying, which could have been a good thing. After the team up we told him to try and fellowship her, and he said "are you trying to set me up with her?". Hey, there's no better kind of fellowship in my opinion.
It's nice to bring members on team ups. I've been thinking about it, and I'm convinced that members go on "inspired tangents". I mean, they're stressful for us, but its weird, members connect with people better than we can. I think it's because we're "professionals" and people don't think of us as ordinary people. That's not to say I'd encourage you guys to go nuts, but I would encourage you to work with the missionaries near you. My mission president sent all of the data of missionary work, lessons, church, baptisms, and had a business friend back home crunch it all and tell him what had the strongest correlation to baptism. The answer came back... "lessons with members present!" So go and get involved with the missionaries, it's a ton of fun!

Pics explained: I've been collecting pictures of these weird little black kid statues that are out here, I think it's something about either slavery or huckleberry Finn's friend. Also the rainbow and also our la got another new samurai sword

Comments