May 1

Hello my family and hi my friends. How have you been? Have you had a
fruitful week? I hope so, we had a good week, but I left my journal in
the other elders car. I'll try to remember what I did this week.
I think this week we just found and taught and contacted a ton of
people. We now have two people on date for baptism, we've been
teaching a bunch, and it's really just been good. I guess I should
tell you about our investigators, a really cool one is Dennis Lee. He
accepted to be baptized on the 20th, and he has a really sick mother
that he needs to care for 24/7. It's pretty sad, and he can't leave
for more than 30 mins, so he can't come to church. We have some ideas
though.
The other one who is on date is an 8 year old daughter of a kind of
member. He recently got custody of her, and she loves reading the Book
of Mormon with us. It's been fun to meet with them.
We have an investigator named Tim, I don't know if I've talked about
him before. He has had a baptismal interview, he comes to church every
week (and has for a year), he's been taught all the lessons, and he
has a testimony of the gospel. The only problem is certain members
don't like him (Some have made racist remarks). He keeps getting
really really close then he falls off. We're working with him, we've
tried to teach him about the temple, be really bold with him, tell him
we love him, all of the works. We want to try taking him on a teamup
next, get some fire going, but if you have other suggestions let us
know.
Something's that have been fun this week are: we fixed a lawn mower,
we got super short haircuts, we went to a restaurant with a member
called w&b factory; it's in the middle of nowhere, it sells wings,
burgers, fried rice, smoothies, sandwiches, gyros, and shrimp. And
they deliver, and it's all cheap and it's all really good and it's run
by two korean guys. It's so weird, but it's awesome. We have had a
bunch of severe storms, we've been tracting in them, we tried to fix
our car. Oh and WE BIKED ON SUNDAY! It's been so long, I'm all out of
shape again, and we really just did it for fun. This area is not a
good area for biking, it's super hilly and there are no sidewalks or
even shoulders on the road. Also it's huge, like about 10 times the
size of my last area.
I know the church is true my friends.
Elder Roach!

Comments