May 22 2017

Hi family! What's up? We had a good week! I have a new companion....
Elder Egbert! He's back! After 6 months in Marietta together we're
companions. What a wild ride.
We have a funny story. So on Tuesday here's what happened, we met this
guy named Devin, he was blasting rap music, and when we came up he was
like "oh! Sorry for the music, I swear I'm Christian!" Then he came
out and he kept saying "in Jesus's name amen", because it kept the
evil spirits away. Also he's dating a 16 year old and he's 30. While
we were talking to him, old red dog came up to us and looked like he
was going to kill us, but he gave us a beer and told us to sit with
him. (We told him we were Mormon and also that I was 19, but he didn't
care) Then he gave us a knife, and then we fixed his mailbox. Just a
day in the life.
The coolest experience from this week happened right after transfers.
It was Elder Egbert's first night here, and we were knocking doors. We
met a woman named Cesare and she said she wasn't interested, but she
mentioned that her friend met with missionaries and became a lot more
spiritual. It turns out that her friend was actually one of Elder
Egbert's recent converts from pilgrim mill! We were able to chat a
little more and found out she was Jewish, and when we told her about
how the Book of Mormon is about a Jewish family, she said "oh wow, you
think someone would have told me that part! I'd like to hear more
about that." It was pretty cool for us to meet someone connected to
Elder Egbert as soon as he came here.
I think I want to talk about the Book of Mormon this week. I know that
it is true and I know we have to read it every day. I have recently
gotten a re confirmation about the Book of Mormon and its power in
conversion, try and share it with whoever you can!
That's all, folks, have a fun day!

Comments